Saturday, June 20, 2015

3:30am and Extremity.

I am filled with emotions, be it sad or happy or excitement or whatever. I feel my whole body is made just out of emotions and feelings and experiences... Actually I feel everybody's body is made out of feelings and experiences. Many people want to cover up their scars and bruises, but I think those tell what you are, what you been through and how you've lived your lives.


Anyway, that's not the point.

The thing is I've been noticing it a lot lately that even though I'm in a certain situation, I feel different emotions all at once. It doesn't make sense when I say it out loud but it is what it is. I'm an extreme. Either I feel everything at once or I not feel anything at all. I have never been about balance or measurements.

This realisation hit me a while back .  I made these then. 



People who have seen these before ask me what my thought process was while making these and I just end up explaining what each means. To be honest, there was no thought process behind these. And mostly, there is no thought process behind my artworks. I never really told anyone this because I just think I need to understand my work better. But the thing is, it doesn't fucking matter.

Each of these are part of a series called perplexity and the main emotion behind each is confusion(obviously). I wanted to show "the realisation" a little clearer but while I was making it I thought it was better to focus on one emotion better.
The interchange of the eyes and the teardrop in the first one and the use of a foot to hold the plate shows that there is a hell lot of chaos in my life but the symmetrical interchanges of things show the simplicity and the perfectly fitted parts of my life.



I think it's weird that I don't figure out my artworks till they're finished, or about to get finished. I did try to think of a reason to make a particular drawing before I put it on paper, but it turned out not so great. I genuinely don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.


-lostwherever


PS- I'm going to start a new thing where once a week I write about a new discovery made by me(most of all about music and artists) or I would explain(or try to explain) one of my recent artworks.

8 comments:

  1. You are a great artist. Your blogs as well as you paintings are awesome.
    Your fusion of hypothesis and fidelty is truly amazing( please correct me if I'm wrong)
    Well I don't know the authencity of perplexity nor can anyone calculate or balance it (emotions)
    But still
    Is there something you related confusion to while painting?
    Insecurity?
    Confusion gives birth to insecurity( that's my view)
    So was there something which gave birth to the confusion within?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.
      And There sure was. I can't post it here because it's kinda personal but I can surely tell you of we chat personally.
      My Email is srishtiaries1999@Gmail.com
      Mail me and we can talk.

      -lostwherever

      Delete
  2. your art is stunning. it says so much about you and your thought process.
    i love you the meaning behind the first picture. beautiful :')
    thank you for dropping my blog and leaving that lovely comment. your posts are relatable too.
    -nymisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It really means a lot.
      I love your writing and your blog.

      -srishti

      Delete
  3. Oh my god. That is brilliant. You are too.
    www.cascadesofdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much. I love your blog as well, there is something very raw about about writing.

      -lostwherever

      Delete
  4. I love this. I really love this.
    You're a phenomenal artist. You deserve to have an exhibition at Jehangir Art Gallery!
    Stay awesome as ever,
    Much love,
    Archie <3
    http://eeriefairy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it means a lot.
      I just checked out your blog and it's really amazing.

      -lostwherever

      Delete