Monday, June 15, 2015

2:30am and Travelling.

Don't we all think when we're teenagers that when we grow up we'll have everything we ever wanted, to fall in love or travel the world? Yeah, that's what I've been thinking for the past couple of days. I legit want to quit school and leave my house and go exploring the country. I want to do all if it now but can't. It's so fucking frustrating to know that there are places which are completely different from where I live and that there are people who have a total different perspective of life. It's so scary to even think about how I can spend my teenage years at one place, in one city. I'm sure there are people who feel the same way. 

I don't want this post to be some rubbish travel post, I just want to share what I want from life and maybe talk to new people through this blog who think the same way as me. And talking about "sharing stuff about me", I have a list of places I want to visit on my bedroom wall and I keep cutting the ones I've been to. It's pretty exciting because whenever I'm not doing anything I find myself looking at it and thinking about how that place would be and what if I already lived there etc... which brings me to this. 
I have recently started to believe that "home" is not a place but a feeling, and yes it is great to come home to people who love you but I feel it's so much better to find kindness in new people. It's bloody clichéd and this is not a Lana Del Ray song(no offence) but clichés are clichés for a reason. 



Bedroom wall. 
     

The thing is, recently I've been searching a lot about how to travel while still in school and stupid stuff like that, but I still do not have a plan as to how to go about it. It's like I'm standing on a bridge with school and responsibilities and parents on one side and travelling on the other side, and the study side pulling me towards it as I try to go to the other side. I do not know how I'll take out time from studies and tuition and school to travel. I had a one and a half month holiday in school but I couldn't go anywhere because of my fucking tuitions. It's really stupid because what I'm studying is nowhere going to help me in future.  I see pictures of youtubers- Funforlouis(Louis Cole) to be specific, my friends and even random people on the internet travelling/hicking to different places, and it just makes me want to run to the other side of the bridge. 


Thank you if you read it till the end and if you have any suggestions for me or feel the same way, contact me. 

-lostwherever 



Funforlouis on Instagram  
My Instagram 


6 comments:

  1. I've always gone by the premise that it's not about where you are, but the people you're with. But on the other hand, I always feel I'm missing out by staying home rather than travelling. The reason I can't wait for my gap year! By the way, this post was very inspiring to read, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for sure. The company matters. But to find the right company, its not necessary to stay at home,right? You can find the same feeling in strangers also.
      I haven't planned on taking a gap year, I'm thinking of travelling while in college.
      And thank you so much if it inspired you, means a lot.

      -lostwherever

      Delete
  2. Hey, I just stumbled across your blog and was very surprised to find a post quite similar to mine. I have the exact same feeling. Louis Cole, but also some of my family members and friends seem to be rocking life and living it to the fullest, spending each day somewhere else and making the most amazing memories. And then theres me, being tied down by so many things… Btw, I am absolutely in love with your writing, your layout and especially your (very inspirational) travel wall. Definitely a new follower, and, can I say, fan :) (Also, to throw in a bit of promo while I'm at it, it would be great if you could check out my blog and give me some feedback. Thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it means a lot.
      The purpose of this blog was to find people who have similar feelings as me and I'm so glad its happening.
      I did check out your blog and its pretty amazing. I would definitely like to read what else u have to say, and would like to keep in touch.

      -lostwherever.

      Delete
    2. Yes, lets really keep in touch! I love making friends with people who I can connect with over the internet. xx

      Delete
    3. Same. Give me your email..?
      -lostwherever

      Delete