Things you should definitely pack if you're travelling to a new place(especially mountains):
- Sleeping bag,
- Mind open enough to accept changes,
- Knowing the fact that the people you're about to meet would probably have a very different lifestyle than you and you should be a little considerate and sensitive towards it,
- Clothes,according to the weather,
- The excitement of exploring a new place,
- Camera, and probably an extra memory card,
- Desire to make new friends and carry those friends in your camera roll,
- A little selfish attitude to click as many silly stupid pictures as you want of yourself or your surrounding because you won't come back again for sometime,
- Knowing you would get scared for the first few days,
- A notebook to write/draw all your thoughts/emotions in. You probably won't feel the exact same for any other place,
- Acceptance of the fact that you'd probably get lesser sleep than your daily routine because you wouldn't want to leave the the streets till after midnight,
- The feeling to not be a tourist but live as a local of that place.
- If anybody tells you not to go, you should probably go anyway,
- Other materialistic thing.