Thursday, October 1, 2015

12am and Learning.

I need change, everybody does. I can't sit here anymore and think going partying means you have a life. Don't get me wrong, I love going out with friends but I also love wandering the streets alone at night. I have recently came to terms with the fact that you can't always be with someone, be it friend or whoever. You have to learn to be alone, and when I say alone, it doesn't mean lonely.

Whenever I feel like going out, during day or night, I always depend on someone to come with me. For sure having someone makes you more brave but being alone makes you independent, and isn't that better? It is, for me. And that is why I want to change. You see I rarely go out by myself, I rarely take care of myself, I always look for reasons to be with people and waste so much time on planning things that I lose the actual excitement of the experience. 

I admit I would get scared. It would be scary to sneak out at night, to go to a club alone or wander the streets alone at 3am.
  
And it's not only about going out alone. I want to be able to sit alone in a park or stand alone in a crowded place or go to an aet gallery by myself. It's not that hard but we tend to over think. It's fucking stupid how many chances I've missed just because I didn't want to "hang out alone" . 

I admire the people who do it so easily. 


-lostwherever



No comments:

Post a Comment